January 15, 2012
- “We” refers generally to Sober.com, LLC (the company that owns Sobersystems.com) and the staff, management, and governance bodies.
- “We” does not include any independent healthcare provider, lay or professional, who is invited by a subscriber to view and/or edit the subscriber’s personal record. “We” does not include any health plan, insurer or other entity that utilizes either directly or through license any Sober.com – owned web sites and/or online services,” or uses Sober.com products to establish its own web sites.
- “Subscriber” is the individual whose personal information and therapy record resides with Sober.com web sites and/or online services. The subscriber grants permission to professional and lay individuals, and appropriate entities such as insurers, employers, prescription benefit plans, pharmacies, etc. of his or her choosing, to view and/or edit the subscriber’s personal record.
- “Care Manager “ is the collection of individuals and entities that have access to the “Subscriber’s” information and are permitted to view and/or edit the subscriber’s personal record. Certain members of the Cared Manager may be empowered to invite other individuals or entities to join the Care Manager.
- Sober.com – owned web sites and/or online services include:
- Web sites hosted in Sober.com, LLC data centers or in data centers operated by Sober.com, LLC technology partners.
- Data collected by Sober.com web sites that is stored in databases that are controlled by Sober.com, LLC.
- The program logic that determines its behaviors is written or licensed by Sober.com, LLC and runs on servers operated by Sober.com, LLC.
Your trust is our greatest asset. We make every reasonable effort to ensure that information held by Sober.com – owned web sites and/or online services is confidential and secure. We disclose our information-security practices to you as clearly and fully as possible. These practices receive continuous oversight and many of our business decisions, including Web design, technology selections, and third-party business relationships, begin and end with considerations for your privacy.
Changes to Policy
While our philosophy will not change, the details of the policy will change over time as we add additional services and form relationships with new business partners. Please refer back to this page periodically. The date the policy was last revised will always appear at the top of the policy pages.
If you have any questions about this Privacy and Confidentiality Policy, the practices of Sober.com – owned web sites and online services, your dealings with Sober.com, LLC, or would like to provide comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, toll-free, at 866.762.3747 within the United States. You may also write to us at: Sober.com, 297 NE 6th Ave., Delray Beach, Fl. 33483.
Site Ownership, Scope, and Applicability of The Policy
We collect and use activity statistics so we can understand the ways in which our sites and services are being utilized. Activity related data is stored anonymously, except where otherwise indicated, and it is only used in the form of aggregated statistics. This aggregated, anonymous data may also be shared with business partners. Activity related data can not be used to target you with solicitations of any kind.
Activity by members of the Subscribers Care Manager in viewing, commenting about, or modifying the Subscriber’s information may be recorded and made available to the Subscriber or the Subscriber’s designee along with the identity of the party responsible for the activity.
You have full access to any and all information that you provide to us for purposes of changing it, with the exception that information generated by Care Manager or Subscriber activity cannot be modified.
Collection and Stewardship of Other Information
We only collect information that is required in order to provide you with complete Sober.com services. Your personal information will be held in the strictest confidence. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the Subscriber’s personal health information. Subscriber’s health information will be made available to designated members of the Care Manager.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, or fill out a form, or make changes to the Subscriber record.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address or phone number.
When inviting personal Care Manager member to review and / or edit your personal record, the potential team member’s name and e-mail address are required for an e-mailed invitation.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in any one or several of the following ways:
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we received from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever without your consent other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic e-mails. The e-mail address you provide for order processing will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order and subscription. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive e-mails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- Encryption. We use all reasonable means to provide secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. When you transmit personal information to us, we encrypt it using Secure Socket Layer (SSL), the current industry-standard encryption technology. Encryption provides a secure means to protect your information as it passes over the Web to our servers.
- Firewalls. Our servers and other technical infrastructure are protected from network intrusion using firewalls and other means.
- Internal Access. Our employees and contractors have occasional, legitimate needs to access our data servers for purposes of system troubleshooting and maintenance. We ensure that such access is granted only to those who have such needs. All such individuals have signed confidentiality agreements with Sober.com, LLC and are continually made aware of their obligations regarding user information. Access is controlled via pre-assigned user accounts that require multiple levels of authentication and only the minimum amount of access necessary is permitted. All staff members are periodically trained regarding security protection of their personal workstations.
NOTE: If, at any time, you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails, we include detailed unsubscribed instructions at the bottom of each e-mail.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server (https). All supplied sensitive credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our server’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and who are required to keep the information confidential.
We monitor and adopt best practices from industry guidelines and applicable statutes, and we follow appropriate information security practices as follows:
We work with business partners to provide the highest-quality service available. Our business partner contracts include protective language regarding consumer privacy in those cases where we feel the nature of the partner’s role demands it. We do not disclose personal information to any third party without clearly noting the purpose of such disclosure at the point where you choose to use the service and obtain your authorization.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or servicing you so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
Third Party Links
Occasionally at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of this linked sites. Nonetheless we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome feedback about these sites.
None of our marketing is directed at children, and we make every reasonable effort to ensure that we do not solicit personal information from persons under 13 years of age. We do however permit children under the age of 13 to be Subscribers so that their recovery may be managed and monitored by competent members of a Care Manager.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms of Service section on the www.Sobersystems.com web site establishing the use, disclaimers and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at your convenience.
Sober.com, LLC cooperates with law enforcement inquiries as a matter of policy. We will use IP addresses and other available information to attempt to identify a user when we are legally compelled to do so or when we feel it is necessary to protect our services, sites, customers, or others.
Unfortunately, no data protection method or combination of methods can be guaranteed 100 percent secure. We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information as described throughout this policy, but we cannot ensure or warrant our ability to do so. As a result, you use Sober.com content, products, and services at your own risk. Sober.com, LLC will not be liable for disclosures of your personal information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties or acts of members of your Care Manager.